Over the last few weeks my families lives and mine have been changed drastically. Imagine going for a test for a minor complaint, just an occasional ache in your side, only to discover that you have kidney cancer. I am in shock and still having a difficult time dealing with this diagnosis.
I am trying to approach my upcoming surgery and treatment with a positive outlook, trying to keep my sense of humour and surrounding myself with the most loving, caring & positive family and friends’
I know that this will be the fight of my life and these are just some of the things I am fighting for.
1. I want to walk my daughter Keryn down the aisle and when they ask who gives this women to be married to this man. I want to proudly say “I DO”.
2. I want to dance with my son Ryan at his wedding.
3. I want to watch my son Ryan hold his first born child in his arms, know the miracle of life & see the awe in his eyes.
4. I want to watch my daughter Keryn hold her first born child in her arms, know the miracle of life & see the awe in her eyes.
5. I want to grow old with my honey, Ian.
6. I want to plan my Mum’s 90th birthday party on Aug 29, 2012.
7. I want to be standing side by side with my siblings, Richard, Wayne and Susie if something were to happen to my Mum.
8. I want to sit with Susie & Keryn and laugh and listen to all their silly stories.
9. I want to decorate my Christmas tree and have everyone over on Christmas Eve.
10. I want to go and visit Julie & Leo in Florida and have a lovely holiday with them. I always feel so welcome in their home.
11. I want to work with Jane, Robert & Sherri at MAD until we grow old and retire.
12. I want to enjoy Thanksgiving Dinner at Wayne’s cottage or Richard’s house or the old hunting camp as long as all my family is there.
13. I want to see Jen complete school and become the success I know she can be.
14. I want to plan brunches, lunches, dinners and parties and share wonderfully good times with all my best friends and family.
15. I want to sit on the floor and play with my grandchildren and watch them grow.
16. I want to watch the sunrise and sunset on a tropical beach with my honey.
17. I want to share a bottle of wine with Jane & Robert at their villa in Tuscany.
18. I want to watch all the sweet wee ones , Ben, Lola, Tyler and Jada grow up.
19. I want to see Ryan find a great career that he loves.
20. I want to plan a great trip to NYC & London with Keryn & Susie